DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-9071 Office Machine Operators, Except Computer
Occupational Description:Operate one or more of a variety of office machines, such as photocopying, photographic, and duplicating machines, or other office machines. Excludes “Computer Operators" (43-9011), "Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service" (43-9051) and "Billing and Posting Clerks" (43-3021).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7W- Central||100||18||$15.54/hr||$0.94/hr||$12.29/hr||$13.09/hr||$14.43/hr||$17.92/hr||$21.38/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Stock Clerks and Order Fillers||2,950||$10.46/hr||N/A|
|Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service||90||$15.09/hr||N/A|
|Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers||N/A||$14.37/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Office Machine Operators, Except Computer
- Sets controls for number of copies and presses buttons to start machine.
- Records number of copies made.
- Cleans and oils machine and printing plate.
- Cuts copies apart and writes identifying information on copies.
- Moves heat unit and clamping frame over screen bed to form Braille impression on page.
- Loads machine with blank paper or film and places paper roll in holding tray or rack of machine.
- Selects type, embossed plate, or paper stock according to size, color, thickness, and quantity specified.
- Adjusts machine to regulate ink flow, speed, paper size, focus, exposure, and camera distance from document.
- Places original copy in feed tray, feeds originals into feed rolls, or positions originals on table beneath camera lens.