DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
53-1021 First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers, Hand
Occupational Description:Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of helpers, laborers, or material movers.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7W- Central||190||31||$23.76/hr||$0.72/hr||$15.35/hr||$18.32/hr||$22.46/hr||$29.50/hr||$35.32/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Food Preparation and Serving Workers||970||$13.03/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Production and Operating Workers||940||$24.90/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers||370||$28.91/hr||N/A|
|Food Service Managers||340||$18.69/hr||N/A|
|Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Managers||70||$34.91/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Workers||10||$18.54/hr||N/A|
Tasks for First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers, Hand
- Records information, such as daily receipts, employee time and wage data, description of freight, and inspection results.
- Resolves customer complaints.
- Quotes prices to customers.
- Informs designated employee or department of items loaded, or reports loading deficiencies.
- Inventories and orders supplies.
- Inspects equipment for wear and completed work for conformance to standards.
- Examines freight to determine sequence of loading and equipment to determine compliance with specifications.
- Observes work procedures to ensure quality of work.
- Assigns duties and work schedules.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers performing assigned tasks.
- Determines work sequence and equipment needed, according to work order, shipping records, and experience.
- Trains and instructs workers.
- Verifies materials loaded or unloaded against work order and schedules times of shipment and mode of transportation.