DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
35-9011 Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers
Occupational Description:Facilitate food service. Clean tables, remove dirty dishes, replace soiled table linens; set tables; replenish supply of clean linens, silverware, glassware, and dishes; supply service bar with food; and serve items such as water, condiments, and coffee to patrons.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 8 - Southwest||130||12||$8.55/hr||$0.39/hr||$7.75/hr||$8.11/hr||$8.69/hr||$9.29/hr||$10.03/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners||460||$10.12/hr||N/A|
|Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop||230||$8.44/hr||N/A|
|Cooks, Fast Food||100||$8.83/hr||N/A|
|Cooks, Short Order||20||$9.73/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers
- Keeps assigned area and equipment clean, makes coffee, fills fruit juice dispensers, and stocks vending machines with food in automat.
- Carries trays from food counters to tables for cafeteria patrons and serves ice water and butter to patrons.
- Replenishes supply of clean linens, silverware, glassware, and dishes in dining room.
- Carries food, dishes, trays, and silverware from kitchen and supply departments to serving counters.
- Carries dirty dishes to kitchen and wipes tables and seats with dampened cloth.
- Replenishes food and equipment at steamtables and serving counters of cafeteria to facilitate service to patrons.
- Cleans bar and equipment, and replenishes bar supplies, such as liquor, fruit, ice, and dishes.
- Sets tables with clean linens, sugar bowls, and condiments.
- Mixes and prepares flavors for mixed drinks.
- Garnishes and positions foods on table to ensure visibility to patrons and convenience in serving.
- Circulates among diners and serves coffee.
- Washes glasses, bar, and equipment, polishes bar fixtures, mops floors, and removes empty bottles and trash.
- Stocks refrigerating units with wines and bottled beer, replaces empty beer kegs, and slices and pits fruit used to garnish drinks.