DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
41-2022 Parts Salespersons
Occupational Description:Sell spare and replacement parts and equipment in repair shop or parts store.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 8 - Southwest||N/A||13||$16.91/hr||$1.14/hr||$10.38/hr||$12.65/hr||$15.66/hr||$18.88/hr||$26.96/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food||930||$8.66/hr||N/A|
|Waiters and Waitresses||780||$8.58/hr||N/A|
|Stock Clerks and Order Fillers||650||$9.40/hr||N/A|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||100||$9.66/hr||N/A|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products||30||$28.63/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Parts Salespersons
- Determines replacement part required, according to inspection of old part, customer request, or customer description of malfunction.
- Advises customer on substitution or modification of part when identical replacement is not available.
- Reads catalog, microfiche viewer, or computer display to determine replacement part stock number and price.
- Fills customer orders from stock.
- Examines returned part for defects, and exchanges defective part or refunds money.
- Receives payment or obtains credit authorization.
- Prepares sales slip or sales contract.
- Repairs parts or equipment.
- Takes inventory of stock.
- Marks and stores parts in stockroom according to prearranged system.
- Places new merchandise on display.
- Measures parts, using precision measuring instruments to determine whether similar parts may be machined to required size.
- Discusses use and features of various parts, based on knowledge of machine or equipment.
- Demonstrates equipment to customer and explains functioning of equipment.
- Receives and fills telephone orders for parts.