DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
53-3022 Bus Drivers, School
Occupational Description:Transport students or special clients, such as the elderly or persons with disabilities. Ensure adherence to safety rules. May assist passengers in boarding or exiting.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 8 - Southwest||320||47||$14.39/hr||$0.89/hr||$9.76/hr||$10.95/hr||$13.85/hr||$17.73/hr||$21.02/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Truck Drivers, Heavy and Tractor-Trailer||1,470||$15.45/hr||N/A|
|Truck Drivers, Light or Delivery Services||190||$11.44/hr||N/A|
|Bus Drivers, Transit and Intercity||60||$9.54/hr||N/A|
|Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs||N/A||$12.21/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Bus Drivers, School
- Drives bus to transport pupils over specified routes.
- Reports delays or accidents.
- Inspects bus and checks gas, oil, and water levels.
- Makes minor repairs to bus.
- Regulates heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
- Complies with local traffic regulations.
- Maintains order among pupils during trip.