DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
53-7063 Machine Feeders and Offbearers
Occupational Description:Feed materials into or remove materials from machines or equipment that is automatic or tended by other workers.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 8 - Southwest||60||17||$11.22/hr||$1.68/hr||$7.91/hr||$8.70/hr||$12.30/hr||$13.65/hr||$14.47/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Conveyor Operators and Tenders||150||$13.85/hr||N/A|
|Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||N/A||$18.27/hr||N/A|
|Cementing and Gluing Machine Operators and Tenders||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Tasks for Machine Feeders and Offbearers
- Feeds materials into machines and equipment to process and manufacture products.
- Shovels or scoops materials into containers, machines, or equipment for processing, storage or transport.
- Transfers materials and products between storage areas and machinery and equipment.
- Fastens, packages, or stacks materials and products, using hand tools and fastening equipment.
- Weighs or measures materials or products to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Records production and operational information and data on specified forms.
- Identifies and marks materials, products, and samples, following instructions.
- Cleans and maintains machinery, equipment, and work areas to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Moves controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment.
- Modifies materials and products during manufacturing process to meet requirements.
- Inspects materials and products for defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Sorts and selects materials and products and rejects defective pieces, following specified instructions and standards.
- Adds chemicals, solutions, or ingredients to machines or equipment to ensure manufacturing process meets specifications.
- Off bears materials and products from machines and equipment, using hand tools.
- Loads materials and products into machines and equipment, using hand tools and moving devices.
- Removes materials and products from machines and equipment, using hand tools and moving devices.