DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
11-2022 Sales Managers
Occupational Description:Plan, direct, or coordinate the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer. Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and establish training programs for sales representatives. Analyze sales statistics gathered by staff to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor the preferences of customers.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 9 - South Central||220||14||$44.59/hr||$2.10/hr||$21.97/hr||$29.22/hr||$41.51/hr||$52.78/hr||$68.74/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||150||$92,123/yr||N/A|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||30||$18.47/hr||N/A|
|Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Tasks for Sales Managers
- Analyzes marketing potential of new and existing store locations, sales statistics, and expenditures to formulate policy.
- Confers or consults with department heads to plan advertising services, secure information on appliances and equipment, and customer required specifications.
- Advises dealers and distributors on policies and operating procedures to ensure functional effectiveness of business.
- Visits franchised dealers to stimulate interest in establishment or expansion of leasing programs.
- Confers with potential customers regarding equipment needs and advises customers on types of equipment to purchase.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Inspects premises of assigned stores for adequate security exits and compliance with safety codes and ordinances.
- Directs product research and development.
- Direct conversion of products from USA to foreign standards.
- Resolves customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Directs clerical staff to maintain export correspondence, bid requests, and credit collections and current information on tariffs, licenses, and restrictions.
- Directs foreign sales and service outlets of organization.
- Reviews operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Plans and directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Directs, coordinates, and reviews activities in sales and service accounting and record keeping, and receiving and shipping operations.
- Directs and coordinates activities involving sales of manufactured goods, service outlets, technical services, operating retail chain, and advertising services for publication.