DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
11-3011 Administrative Services Managers
Occupational Description:Plan, direct, or coordinate one or more administrative services of an organization, such as records and information management, mail distribution, facilities planning and maintenance, custodial operations, and other office support services. Medical records administrators are included in “Medical and Health Services Managers” (11-9111). Excludes “Purchasing Managers" (11-3061).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 9 - South Central||170||40||$39.32/hr||$1.20/hr||$24.74/hr||$31.06/hr||$39.07/hr||$44.44/hr||$59.59/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Office and Administrative Support Workers||640||$22.10/hr||N/A|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||180||$36.53/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Administrative Services Managers
- Coordinates activities of clerical and administrative personnel in establishment or organization.
- Prepares and reviews operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Formulates budgetary reports.
- Hires and terminates clerical and administrative personnel.
- Conducts classes to teach procedures to staff.
- Recommends cost saving methods, such as supply changes and disposal of records to improve efficiency of department.
- Analyzes internal processes and plans or implements procedural and policy changes to improve operations.