DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
13-1111 Management Analysts
Occupational Description:Conduct organizational studies and evaluations, design systems and procedures, conduct work simplification and measurement studies, and prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Includes program analysts and management consultants. Excludes “Computer Systems Analysts" (15-1121) and "Operations Research Analysts" (15-2031).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 9 - South Central||120||8||$33.87/hr||$3.86/hr||$18.16/hr||$23.32/hr||$28.95/hr||$36.13/hr||$51.25/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Office and Administrative Support Workers||690||$22.76/hr||N/A|
|Administrative Services Managers||130||$38.20/hr||N/A|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||110||$17.70/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Management Analysts
- Reviews forms and reports, and confers with management and users about format, distribution, and purpose, and to identify problems and improvements.
- Develops and implements records management program for filing, protection, and retrieval of records, and assures compliance with program.
- Prepares manuals and trains workers in use of new forms, reports, procedures or equipment, according to organizational policy.
- Recommends purchase of storage equipment, and designs area layout to locate equipment in space available.
- Gathers and organizes information on problems or procedures.
- Documents findings of study and prepares recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Analyzes data gathered and develops solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Confers with personnel concerned to ensure successful functioning of newly implemented systems or procedures.
- Plans study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis.
- Designs, evaluates, recommends, and approves changes of forms and reports.
- Interviews personnel and conducts on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed, and methods, equipment, and personnel used.