DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
13-2061 Financial Examiners
Occupational Description:Enforce or ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing financial and securities institutions and financial and real estate transactions. May examine, verify, or authenticate records.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 9 - South Central||20||2||N/A||$10.67/hr||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Accountants and Auditors||680||$27.52/hr||N/A|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||110||$88,367/yr||N/A|
|Purchasing Agents and Buyers, Farm Products||30||$22.00/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Financial Examiners
- Investigates activities of institutions to enforce laws and regulations and to ensure legality of transactions and operations or financial solvency.
- Confers with officials of real estate, securities, or financial institution industries to exchange views and discuss issues or pending cases.
- Schedules audits and examines records and reports to determine regulatory compliance.
- Conducts or arranges for educational classes and training programs.
- Directs workers engaged in designing, writing, and publishing guidelines, manuals, bulletins, and reports.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets new, proposed, or revised laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Recommends action to ensure compliance with laws and regulations or to protect solvency of institution.
- Reviews applications for merger, acquisition, establishment of new institution, acceptance in Federal Reserve System, or registration of securities sales.
- Determines if application action is in public interest and in accordance with regulations, and recommends acceptance or rejection of application.
- Establishes guidelines for and directs implementation of procedures and policies to comply with new and revised regulations.