DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
41-3011 Advertising Sales Agents
Occupational Description:Sell or solicit advertising space, time, or media in publications, signage, TV, radio, or Internet establishments or public spaces.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 9 - South Central||70||14||$24.01/hr||$4.03/hr||$12.89/hr||$14.42/hr||$18.56/hr||$27.00/hr||$36.56/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Insurance Sales Agents||160||$21.40/hr||N/A|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products||140||$31.12/hr||N/A|
|Writers and Authors||30||$18.10/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Advertising Sales Agents
- Advises customer in advantages of various types of programming and methods of composing layouts and designs for signs and displays.
- Exhibits prepared layouts with mats and copy with headings.
- Visits advertisers to point out advantages of publication.
- Draws up contract covering arrangements for designing, fabricating, erecting, and maintaining sign or display.
- Calls on prospects and presents outlines of various programs or commercial announcements.
- Prepares list of prospects for classified and display space for publication from leads in other papers and from old accounts.
- Informs customer of types of artwork available by providing samples.
- Arranges for and accompanies prospect to commercial taping sessions.
- Delivers advertising or illustration proofs to customer for approval.
- Collects payments due.
- Writes copy as part of layout.
- Computes job costs.
- Plans and sketches layouts to meet customer needs.
- Prepares promotional plans, sales literature, and sales contracts, using computer.
- Calls on advertisers and sales promotion people to obtain information concerning prospects for current advertising and sales promotion.
- Obtains pertinent information concerning prospect's past and current advertising for use in sales presentation.
- Sells signs to be made according to customers' specifications, utilizing knowledge of lettering, color harmony, and sign making processes.