DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-2011 Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
Occupational Description:Operate telephone business systems equipment or switchboards to relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice calls. May supply information to callers and record messages.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 9 - South Central||60||5||$12.55/hr||$0.74/hr||$8.57/hr||$10.26/hr||$12.76/hr||$14.43/hr||$15.86/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Receptionists and Information Clerks||610||$12.64/hr||N/A|
|Billing and Posting Clerks and Machine Operators||420||$17.10/hr||N/A|
|Court, Municipal, and License Clerks||70||$19.53/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Operates communication system, such as telephone, switchboard, intercom, two-way radio, or public address.
- Places telephone calls as instructed.
- Greets caller, furnishes information to caller or visitor, and relays calls.
- Relays and routes messages.
- Keeps records of calls placed and charges incurred, if any.
- Date stamps and files messages.
- Receives visitors and obtains name and nature of business.
- Performs clerical duties, such as typing, proofreading, accepting orders, scheduling appointments, and sorting mail.
- Records messages, suggesting rewording for clarity and conciseness.