DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
Occupational Description:Install glass in windows, skylights, store fronts, and display cases, or on surfaces, such as building fronts, interior walls, ceilings, and tabletops.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||1,250||$12.82/hr||N/A|
|Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment||460||$10.61/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Glaziers
- Fastens glass panes into wood sash and spreads and smoothes putty around edge of pane with knife to seal joints.
- Marks outline or pattern on glass, cuts glass, and breaks off excess glass by hand or with notched tool.
- Installs pre-assembled framework for windows or doors designed to be fitted with glass panels, including stained glass windows, using hand tools.
- Attaches backing and leveling devices to wall surface, using nails and screws, and cuts mounting strips and moldings to required lengths.
- Sets glass doors into frame and bolts metal hinges, handles, locks, and other hardware onto glass doors.
- Measures mirror and dimensions of area to be covered and determines plumb of walls or ceilings, using plumb-line and level.
- Assembles, fits, and attaches metal-framed glass enclosures for showers or bathtubs to framing around bath enclosure.
- Moves furniture to clear work site and covers floors and furnishings with drop cloths.
- Drives truck to installation site and unloads mirrors, equipment, and tools.
- Loads and arranges mirrors on truck, following sequence of deliveries.
- Covers mirrors with protective material to prevent damage.
- Measures, cuts, fits, and presses anti-glare adhesive film to glass or sprays glass with tinting solution to prevent light glare.
- Attaches mounting strips and moldings to surface and applies mastic cement, putty, or screws to secure mirrors into position.