DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-5052 Postal Service Mail Carriers
Occupational Description:Sort mail for delivery. Deliver mail on established route by vehicle or on foot.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 10 - Southeast||580||0||$24.56/hr||$0.28/hr||$19.72/hr||$19.73/hr||$26.52/hr||$27.54/hr||$28.13/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service||60||$9.48/hr||N/A|
|Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers||50||$16.22/hr||N/A|
|Cargo and Freight Agents||30||$19.44/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Postal Service Mail Carriers
- Inserts mail into slots of mail rack to sort mail for delivery.
- Delivers mail to residences and business establishments along route.
- Completes delivery forms, collects charges, and obtains signature on receipts for delivery of specified types of mail.
- Drives vehicle over established route.
- Sells stamps and issues money orders.
- Picks up outgoing mail.
- Enters changes of address in route book and re-addresses mail to be forwarded.