DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-6011 Executive Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
Occupational Description:Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. May also train and supervise lower-level clerical staff. Excludes "Secretaries" (43-6012 through 43-6014).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 10 - Southeast||1,750||62||$20.18/hr||$0.27/hr||$15.72/hr||$17.72/hr||$20.36/hr||$22.49/hr||$23.92/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Secretaries, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||1,110||$16.12/hr||N/A|
|Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerks||370||$18.48/hr||N/A|
|Court, Municipal, and License Clerks||200||$21.11/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Executive Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Coordinates and directs office services, such as records and budget preparation, personnel, and housekeeping, to aid executives.
- Files and retrieves corporation documents, records, and reports.
- Interprets administrative and operating policies and procedures for employees.
- Plans conferences.
- Reads and answers correspondence.
- Studies management methods to improve workflow, simplify reporting procedures, or implement cost reductions.
- Analyzes operating practices and procedures to create new or to revise existing methods.
- Prepares records and reports, such as recommendations for solutions of administrative problems and annual reports.