DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
49-9098 Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers
Occupational Description:Help installation, maintenance, and repair workers in maintenance, parts replacement, and repair of vehicles, industrial machinery, and electrical and electronic equipment. Perform duties such as furnishing tools, materials, and supplies to other workers; cleaning work area, machines, and tools; and holding materials or tools for other workers.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 10 - Southeast||180||35||$10.52/hr||$0.28/hr||$7.95/hr||$8.60/hr||$9.75/hr||$11.71/hr||$14.67/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners||3,770||$12.15/hr||N/A|
|Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics, Except Engines||150||$23.01/hr||N/A|
|Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door||50||$14.98/hr||N/A|
|Rail Car Repairers||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Mechanical Door Repairers||N/A||$17.11/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers
- Helps mechanics and repairers maintain and repair vehicles, industrial machinery, and electrical and electronic equipment.
- Transfers equipment, tools, parts, and other objects to and from work stations and other areas, using hand tools, power tools, and moving equipment.
- Installs or replaces machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand tools or power tools.
- Applies protective materials to equipment, components, and parts to prevent defects and corrosion.
- Positions vehicles, machinery, equipment, physical structures, and other objects, for assembly or installation, using hand tools, power tools, and moving equipment.
- Builds or erects and maintains physical structures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Examines and tests machinery, equipment, components, and parts for defects and to ensure proper functioning.
- Tends and observes equipment and machinery to verify efficient and safe operation.
- Adjusts and connects or disconnects wiring, piping, tubing, and other parts, using hand tools or power tools.
- Assembles and disassembles machinery, equipment, components, and other parts, using hand tools and power tools.
- Furnishes tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to other workers.
- Cleans or lubricates vehicles, machinery, equipment, instruments, tools, work areas, and other objects, using hand tools, power tools, and cleaning equipment.