DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
51-3022 Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers
Occupational Description:Use hand or hand tools to perform routine cutting and trimming of meat, poultry, and seafood.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 10 - Southeast||N/A||271||$11.57/hr||$0.34/hr||$10.01/hr||$10.47/hr||$11.24/hr||$12.00/hr||$14.21/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Slaughterers and Meat Packers||1,870||$16.55/hr||N/A|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||1,720||$9.28/hr||N/A|
|Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic||80||$16.94/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers
- Trims, slices and sections carcasses for future processing.
- Cleans carcasses and removes waste products or defective portions.
- Slaughters live animals.
- Obtains and distributes specified meat or carcass.
- Seals containers of meat.
- Weighs meats and tags containers for weight and contents.
- Separates meats and byproducts into specified containers.
- Inspects meat products for defects or blemishes.
- Cuts and trims meat to prepare for packing.
- Removes parts such as skin, feathers, scales or bones from carcass.