DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
51-9192 Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
Occupational Description:Operate or tend machines to wash or clean products, such as barrels or kegs, glass items, tin plate, food, pulp, coal, plastic, or rubber, to remove impurities.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 10 - Southeast||100||34||$14.43/hr||$0.71/hr||$12.23/hr||$12.84/hr||$13.86/hr||$14.88/hr||$19.49/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||280||$17.40/hr||N/A|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||260||$19.24/hr||N/A|
|Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||170||$17.53/hr||N/A|
|Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||130||$18.44/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Observes machine operation, gauges, or thermometer and adjusts controls to maintain operation, according to specifications.
- Loads and unloads objects to and from machine, conveyor or rack.
- Draws sample for laboratory analysis or tests solutions for conformance to specifications, such as acidity or specific gravity.
- Adjusts, cleans, and lubricates mechanical parts of machine, using hand tools and grease gun.
- Measures, weighs, or mixes specified quantity of cleaning solutions, using measuring tank, calibrated rod or suction tube.
- Records gauge readings, materials used, processing time, or test results in production log.
- Examines and inspects machine for malfunctions, and product for conformance to processing specifications.
- Drains, cleans, and refills machine or tank at designated intervals with cleaning solution or water.
- Sets controls to regulate temperature and length of cycle and starts conveyors, pumps, agitators, and machines.
- Adds specified amounts of chemicals into equipment at required time to maintain level and concentration of solution.