DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
53-7061 Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment
Occupational Description:Wash or otherwise clean vehicles, machinery, and other equipment. Use such materials as water, cleaning agents, brushes, cloths, and hoses. Excludes “Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners" (37-2011).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 10 - Southeast||820||260||$12.18/hr||$0.48/hr||$9.09/hr||$10.24/hr||$11.33/hr||$13.20/hr||$17.39/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||1,720||$9.28/hr||N/A|
|Landscaping and Groundskeeping Workers||660||$11.48/hr||N/A|
|Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||80||$15.63/hr||N/A|
|Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers||70||$19.23/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment
- Scrubs, scrapes, or sprays machine parts, equipment, or vehicles, using scrapers, brushes, cleaners, disinfectants, insecticides, acid, and abrasives.
- Pre-soaks or rinses machine parts, equipment, or vehicles by immersing objects in cleaning solutions or water, manually or using hoists.
- Presses buttons to activate cleaning equipment or machines.
- Turns valves or handles on equipment to regulate pressure and flow of water, air, steam, or abrasives from sprayer nozzles.
- Sweeps, shovels, or vacuums loose debris and salvageable scrap into containers and removes from work area.
- Monitors operation of cleaning machines and stops machine or notifies supervisor when malfunctions occur.
- Mixes cleaning solutions and abrasive compositions and other compounds according to formula.
- Records production and operational data on specified forms.
- Collects and tests samples of cleaning solutions and vapors.
- Transports materials, equipment, or supplies to and from work area, using carts or hoists.
- Lubricates machinery, vehicles, and equipment, and performs minor repairs and adjustments, using hand tools.
- Applies paints, dyes, polishes, reconditioners, and masking materials to vehicles to preserve, protect, or restore color and condition.
- Examines and inspects parts, equipment, and vehicles for cleanliness, damage, and compliance with standards or regulations.
- Places objects on drying racks or dyes surfaces, using cloth, squeegees, or air compressors.
- Disassembles and reassembles machines or equipment, or removes and reattaches vehicle parts and trim, using hand tools.
- Maintains inventories of supplies.
- Connects hoses and lines to pumps and other equipment.
- Turns valves or disconnects hoses to eliminate water, cleaning solutions, or vapors from machinery or tanks.