DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
11-9081 Lodging Managers
Occupational Description:Plan, direct, or coordinate activities of an organization or department that provides lodging and other accommodations. Excludes “Food Service Managers" (11-9051) in lodging establishments.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 11 - 7 County Twin Cities||250||43||$26.67/hr||$1.55/hr||$17.51/hr||$20.73/hr||$24.05/hr||$31.27/hr||$36.37/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Office and Administrative Support Workers||15,730||$25.24/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Food Preparation and Serving Workers||8,250||$14.63/hr||N/A|
|Food Service Managers||3,280||$22.98/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers||2,130||$18.27/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers||1,000||$24.68/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Lodging Managers
- Coordinates front-office activities of hotel or motel and resolves problems.
- Manages and maintains temporary or permanent lodging facilities.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services and resolves occupants' complaints.
- Interviews and hires applicants.
- Purchases supplies and arranges for outside services, such as deliveries, laundry, maintenance and repair, and trash collection.
- Assigns duties to workers and schedules shifts.
- Inspects guest rooms, public areas, and grounds for cleanliness and appearance.
- Observes and monitors performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to facility's policies and procedures.
- Arranges telephone answering service, delivers mail and packages, and answers questions regarding locations for eating and entertainment.
- Greets and registers guests.
- Collects payment and records data pertaining to funds and expenditures.
- Shows, rents, or assigns accommodations.
- Receives and processes advance registration payments, sends out letters of confirmation, and returns checks when registration cannot be accepted.
- Confers and cooperates with other department heads to ensure coordination of hotel activities.