DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
25-9021 Farm and Home Management Advisors
Occupational Description:Advise, instruct, and assist individuals and families engaged in agriculture, agricultural-related processes, or home economics activities. Demonstrate procedures and apply research findings to solve problems; and instruct and train in product development, sales, and the use of machinery and equipment to promote general welfare. Includes county agricultural agents, feed and farm management advisers, home economists, and extension service advisors.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 11 - 7 County Twin Cities||50||16||$27.26/hr||$2.90/hr||$19.24/hr||$20.64/hr||$22.98/hr||$33.71/hr||$41.35/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Food Preparation and Serving Workers||7,650||$14.52/hr||N/A|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists||1,140||$26.88/hr||N/A|
|Purchasing Agents and Buyers, Farm Products||90||$31.84/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Workers||N/A||$25.34/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Farm and Home Management Advisors
- Advises farmers in matters such as, feeding and health maintenance of livestock, cultivation, growing and harvesting practices, and budgeting.
- Conducts classes to educate others in subjects such as, nutrition, home management, home furnishing, child care, and farming techniques.
- Advises individuals and families on home management practices, such as budget planning, meal preparation, energy conservation, clothing, and home furnishings.
- Plans, develops, organizes, and evaluates training programs in subjects, such as home management, horticulture, and consumer information.
- Delivers lectures to organizations or talks over radio and television to disseminate information and promote objectives of program.
- Prepares leaflets, pamphlets, and visual aids for educational and informational purposes.
- Organizes, advises, and participates in community activities and organizations such as, county and state fair events and 4-H Clubs.
- Collects and evaluates data to ascertain needs and develop programs beneficial to community.