DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
27-1023 Floral Designers
Occupational Description:Design, cut, and arrange live, dried, or artificial flowers and foliage.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 11 - 7 County Twin Cities||380||45||$13.67/hr||$0.75/hr||$8.79/hr||$12.19/hr||$13.65/hr||$15.13/hr||$18.50/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Tailors, Dressmakers, and Custom Sewers||210||$17.29/hr||N/A|
|Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers||N/A||$10.94/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Floral Designers
- Plans arrangement according to client's requirements, utilizing knowledge of design and properties of materials, or selects appropriate standard design pattern.
- Packs and wraps completed arrangements.
- Conducts classes, demonstrations, or trains other workers.
- Estimates costs and prices arrangements.
- Decorates buildings, halls, churches, or other facilities where events are planned.
- Selects flora and foliage for arrangement.
- Trims material and arranges bouquets, wreaths, terrariums, and other items using trimmers, shapers, wire, pin, floral tape, foam, and other materials.
- Confers with client regarding price and type of arrangement desired.