DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
Occupational Description:Mix and serve drinks to patrons, directly or through waitstaff.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 11 - 7 County Twin Cities||7,870||766||$9.93/hr||$0.24/hr||$7.75/hr||$8.22/hr||$8.99/hr||$10.81/hr||$14.52/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food||30,330||$8.73/hr||N/A|
|Waiters and Waitresses||29,780||$8.87/hr||N/A|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||4,800||$10.12/hr||N/A|
|Food Preparation Workers||4,110||$10.60/hr||N/A|
|Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants||270||$9.22/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Bartenders
- Mixes ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Collects money for drinks served.
- Serves wine and draft or bottled beer.
- Arranges bottles and glasses to make attractive display.
- Orders or requisitions liquors and supplies.
- Prepares appetizers, such as pickles, cheese, and cold meats.
- Cleans glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Slices and pits fruit for garnishing drinks.