DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
Occupational Description:Mix and serve drinks to patrons, directly or through waitstaff.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 11 - 7 County Twin Cities||7,480||727||$10.26/hr||$0.28/hr||$7.80/hr||$8.31/hr||$9.16/hr||$11.29/hr||$15.25/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Waiters and Waitresses||29,210||$9.14/hr||N/A|
|Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food||28,520||$8.78/hr||N/A|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||5,250||$10.49/hr||N/A|
|Food Preparation Workers||3,780||$10.61/hr||N/A|
|Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants||250||$9.14/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Bartenders
- Mixes ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Collects money for drinks served.
- Serves wine and draft or bottled beer.
- Arranges bottles and glasses to make attractive display.
- Orders or requisitions liquors and supplies.
- Prepares appetizers, such as pickles, cheese, and cold meats.
- Cleans glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Slices and pits fruit for garnishing drinks.