DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
39-9031 Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors
Occupational Description:Instruct or coach groups or individuals in exercise activities. Demonstrate techniques and form, observe participants, and explain to them corrective measures necessary to improve their skills. Excludes teachers classified in 25-0000 Education, Training, and Library Occupations. Excludes “Coaches and Scouts” (27-2022) and "Athletic Trainers" (29-9091).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 11 - 7 County Twin Cities||2,940||215||$16.94/hr||$0.63/hr||$9.21/hr||$11.61/hr||$15.22/hr||$20.43/hr||$28.51/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Coaches and Scouts||2,540||$23,742/yr||N/A|
|Chefs and Head Cooks||900||$21.07/hr||N/A|
|Orthotists and Prosthetists||140||$28.41/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Workers||N/A||$25.34/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors
- Teaches individual and team sports to participants, utilizing knowledge of sports techniques and of physical capabilities of participants.
- Organizes, leads, instructs, and referees indoor and outdoor games, such as volleyball, baseball, and basketball.
- Plans physical education program to promote development of participant physical attributes and social skills.
- Teaches and demonstrates use of gymnastic and training apparatus, such as trampolines and weights.
- Selects, stores, orders, issues, and inventories equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Organizes and conducts competition and tournaments.
- Advises participants in use of heat or ultraviolet treatments and hot baths.
- Explains and enforces safety rules and regulations.