DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-4181 Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
Occupational Description:Make and confirm reservations for transportation or lodging, or sell transportation tickets. May check baggage and direct passengers to designated concourse, pier, or track; deliver tickets, contact individuals and groups to inform them of package tours; or provide tourists with travel or transportation information. Excludes "Travel Agents" (41-3041), "Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks" (43-4081), and "Cashiers" (41-2011) who sell tickets for local transportation.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 11 - 7 County Twin Cities||2,980||575||$18.26/hr||$0.87/hr||$11.69/hr||$13.69/hr||$20.09/hr||$22.13/hr||$23.36/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Customer Service Representatives||35,500||$17.67/hr||N/A|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||4,800||$10.12/hr||N/A|
|Dispatchers, Except Police, Fire, and Ambulance||2,350||$19.91/hr||N/A|
|Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks||1,710||$10.76/hr||N/A|
|Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants||270||$9.22/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
- Provides customers with travel suggestions and information such as guides, directories, brochures, and maps.
- Confers with customers by telephone, writing, or in person to answer questions regarding services and determine travel preferences.
- Informs client of travel dates, times, connections, baggage limits, medical and visa requirements, and emergency information.
- Provides information concerning fares, availability of travel, and accommodations, either orally or by using guides, brochures, and maps.
- Contacts motel, hotel, resort, and travel operators by mail or telephone to obtain advertising literature.
- Studies maps, directories, routes, and rate tables to determine travel route and cost and availability of accommodations.
- Calculates estimated travel rates and expenses, using items such as rate tables and calculators.
- Assists client in preparing required documents and forms for travel, such as visas.
- Plans itinerary for travel and accommodations, using knowledge of routes, types of carriers, and regulations.
- Confirms travel arrangements and reservations.
- Obtains reservations for air, train, or car travel and hotel or other housing accommodations.
- Arranges reservations and routing for passengers at request of Ticket Agent.
- Telephones customer or Ticket Agent to advise of changes with travel conveyance or to confirm reservation.
- Reads coded data on tickets to ascertain destination, marks tickets, and assigns boarding pass.
- Sells and assembles tickets for transmittal or mailing to customers.
- Plans route and computes ticket cost, using schedules, rate books, and computer.
- Answers inquiries made to travel agencies or transportation firms, such as airlines, bus companies, railroad companies, and steamship lines.
- Examines passenger ticket or pass to direct passenger to specified area for loading.
- Checks baggage and directs passenger to designated location for loading.
- Determines whether space is available on travel dates requested by customer.
- Sells travel insurance.
- Informs travel agents in other locations of space reserved or available.
- Announces arrival and departure information, using public-address system.
- Assists passengers requiring special assistance to board or depart conveyance.
- Assigns specified space to customers and maintains computerized inventory of passenger space available.