DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-5032 Dispatchers, Except Police, Fire, and Ambulance
Occupational Description:Schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles for conveyance of materials, freight, or passengers, or for normal installation, service, or emergency repairs rendered outside the place of business. Duties may include using radio, telephone, or computer to transmit assignments and compiling statistics and reports on work progress.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 11 - 7 County Twin Cities||2,350||284||$22.08/hr||$0.79/hr||$13.40/hr||$16.24/hr||$19.91/hr||$24.94/hr||$31.24/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||4,800||$10.12/hr||N/A|
|Compliance Officers, Except Agriculture, Construction, Health and Safety, and Transportation||3,270||$32.04/hr||N/A|
|Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks||2,980||$20.09/hr||N/A|
|Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks||1,710||$10.76/hr||N/A|
|Police, Fire, and Ambulance Dispatchers||680||$24.77/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Dispatchers, Except Police, Fire, and Ambulance
- Routes or assigns workers or equipment to appropriate location, according to customer request, specifications, or needs.
- Confers with customer or supervising personnel regarding questions, problems, and requests for service or equipment.
- Records and maintains files and records, regarding customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information.
- Orders supplies and equipment, and issues to personnel.
- Determines types or amount of equipment, vehicles, materials or personnel required, according to work order or specifications.
- Receives or prepares work orders, according to customer request or specifications.
- Relays work orders, messages, and information to or from work crews, supervisors, and field inspectors, using telephone or two- way radio.