DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
49-9091 Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers
Occupational Description:Install, service, adjust, or repair coin, vending, or amusement machines including video games, juke boxes, pinball machines, or slot machines.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 11 - 7 County Twin Cities||370||53||$18.02/hr||$1.25/hr||$12.05/hr||$13.17/hr||$16.50/hr||$23.31/hr||$26.78/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers||1,680||$18.24/hr||N/A|
|Tire Repairers and Changers||600||$12.90/hr||N/A|
|Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers||290||$26.27/hr||N/A|
|Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic||170||$13.10/hr||N/A|
|Locksmiths and Safe Repairers||110||$23.98/hr||N/A|
|Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers||80||$11.55/hr||N/A|
|Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles||60||$30.21/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers
- Adjusts and repairs vending machines and meters and replaces defective mechanical and electrical parts, using hand tools, soldering iron, and diagrams.
- Shellacs or paints dial markings or mechanisms' exterior, using brush or spray gun.
- Replenishes vending machines with ingredients or products.
- Keeps records of machine maintenance and repair.
- Collects coins from machine and makes settlements with concessionaires.
- Tests dispensing, coin-handling, electrical, refrigeration, carbonation, or ice making systems of machine.
- Examines and inspects vending machines and meters to determine cause of malfunction.
- Disassembles and assembles machines, following specifications and using hand tools and power tools.
- Cleans and oils parts with soap and water, gasoline, kerosene, or carbon tetrachloride.