DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
51-2022 Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
Occupational Description:Assemble or modify electrical or electronic equipment, such as computers, test equipment telemetering systems, electric motors, and batteries.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 11 - 7 County Twin Cities||2,670||252||$16.20/hr||$0.38/hr||$11.23/hr||$13.41/hr||$16.23/hr||$18.67/hr||$21.83/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Electromechanical Equipment Assemblers||3,400||$16.98/hr||N/A|
|Model Makers, Metal and Plastic||80||$27.45/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Assembles systems and support structures, and installs components, units, and printed circuit boards, following specifications and using hand tools and power tools.
- Marks and tags components to track and identify stock inventory.
- Paints structures as specified, using paint sprayer.
- Instructs customers in installation, repair, and maintenance of products and explains assembly procedures or techniques to workers.
- Packs finished assemblies for shipment and transports to storage areas, using hoists or handtrucks.
- Cleans parts, using cleaning solution, airhose, and cloth.
- Completes, reviews, and maintains production, time, and component waste reports.
- Assists or confers with supervisor or engineer to plan and review work activities and to resolve production problems.
- Selects or distributes materials, supplies, and subassemblies to work area.
- Inspects units to detect malfunctions, and adjusts, repairs, or replaces component parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Measures and adjusts voltages to specified value to determine operational accuracy of instruments.
- Fabricates and forms parts, coils, and structures according to specifications, using drill, calipers, cutters, and saws.
- Positions, aligns, and adjusts workpieces and electrical parts to facilitate wiring and assembly.
- Tests wiring installations, assemblies, and circuits for resistance factors and operational defects, and records results.
- Drills and taps holes in specified locations to mount control units and to provide openings for elements, wiring, and instruments.
- Reads and interprets schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, and reports to determine materials requirements and assembly instructions.