DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
51-3022 Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers
Occupational Description:Use hand or hand tools to perform routine cutting and trimming of meat, poultry, and seafood.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 11 - 7 County Twin Cities||290||58||$14.15/hr||$0.55/hr||$11.16/hr||$12.42/hr||$13.83/hr||$15.92/hr||$18.05/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||6,370||$10.33/hr||N/A|
|Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic||170||$13.10/hr||N/A|
|Cutters and Trimmers, Hand||70||$9.70/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers
- Trims, slices and sections carcasses for future processing.
- Cleans carcasses and removes waste products or defective portions.
- Slaughters live animals.
- Obtains and distributes specified meat or carcass.
- Seals containers of meat.
- Weighs meats and tags containers for weight and contents.
- Separates meats and byproducts into specified containers.
- Inspects meat products for defects or blemishes.
- Cuts and trims meat to prepare for packing.
- Removes parts such as skin, feathers, scales or bones from carcass.