DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
51-9021 Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
Occupational Description:Set up, operate, or tend machines to crush, grind, or polish materials, such as coal, glass, grain, stone, food, or rubber.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 11 - 7 County Twin Cities||280||122||$20.87/hr||$1.68/hr||$14.64/hr||$16.25/hr||$18.64/hr||$25.63/hr||$29.78/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||1,430||$16.29/hr||N/A|
|Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||980||$17.60/hr||N/A|
|Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||820||$18.07/hr||N/A|
|Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||710||$16.78/hr||N/A|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||440||$21.02/hr||N/A|
|Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers||240||$13.91/hr||N/A|
|Cementing and Gluing Machine Operators and Tenders||190||$17.66/hr||N/A|
|Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders||90||$16.36/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Operates or tends machines and equipment that crush, grind, polish, or blend materials.
- Moves controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment that crush, grind, polish, or blend materials.
- Adds or mixes chemicals and ingredients for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
- Dislodges and clears jammed materials, or other items, from machinery and equipment, using hand tools.
- Loads materials into machinery and equipment, using hand tools.
- Observes production monitoring equipment to ensure safety and efficient operation.
- Tends accessory equipment, such as pumps and conveyors, to move materials or ingredients through production process.
- Reads work orders to ascertain production specifications and information.
- Weighs or measures materials, ingredients, and products to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Records operational and production data on specified forms.
- Transfers materials, supplies, and products between work areas, using moving equipment and hand tools.
- Tests samples of materials or products to ensure compliance with specifications, using test equipment.
- Cleans and maintains machinery, equipment, materials, and products, using hand tools.
- Collects samples of materials or products for laboratory testing.
- Examines or feels materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to established standards.