DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
35-2015 Cooks, Short Order
Occupational Description:Prepare and cook to order a variety of foods that require only a short preparation time. May take orders from customers and serve patrons at counters or tables. Excludes "Fast Food Cooks" (35-2011).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change 2010 - 2020|
|Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food||5,510||$8.67/hr||22.2%|
|Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners||2,080||$9.44/hr||14.9%|
|Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop||710||$8.75/hr||5.3%|
|Food Servers, Nonrestaurant||600||$9.25/hr||28.8%|
|Cooks, Fast Food||440||$8.75/hr||1.9%|
|Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers||400||$8.80/hr||5.0%|
|Butchers and Meat Cutters||340||$14.03/hr||9.2%|
|Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers||N/A||$8.91/hr||10.3%|
Tasks for Cooks, Short Order
- Takes order from customer and cooks foods requiring short preparation time, according to customer requirements.
- Completes order from steamtable and serves customer at table or counter.
- Cleans food preparation equipment, work area, and counter or tables.
- Carves meats, makes sandwiches, and brews coffee.
- Accepts payment and makes change, or writes charge slip.