DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
51-2021 Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
Occupational Description:Wind wire coils used in electrical components, such as resistors and transformers, and in electrical equipment and instruments, such as field cores, bobbins, armature cores, electrical motors, generators, and control equipment.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change 2010 - 2020|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||630||$14.38/hr||12.9%|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||540||$16.23/hr||10.7%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||380||$18.52/hr||16.1%|
|Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, & Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, &Tenders, Metal & Plastic||270||$15.65/hr||14.1%|
|Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||210||$11.94/hr||-21.7%|
Tasks for Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Operates or tends wire-coiling machine.
- Repairs and maintains electrical components and machinery parts, using hand tools.
- Observes gauges and stops machine to remove completed components, using hand tools.
- Selects and loads materials, such as workpieces, objects, and machine parts onto equipment used in coiling process.
- Examines and tests wired electrical components, using measuring devices.
- Records production and operational data on specified forms.
- Applies solutions or paints to wired electrical components, using hand tools.
- Reviews work orders and specifications to ascertain material needed and type of part to be processed.
- Attaches, alters and trims materials, such as wire, insulation, and coils, using hand tools.