DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
53-3033 Truck Drivers, Light or Delivery Services
Occupational Description:Drive a light vehicle, such as a truck or van, with a capacity of less than 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW), primarily to deliver or pick up merchandise or to deliver packages. May load and unload vehicle. Excludes “Couriers and Messengers" (43-5021) and “Driver/Sales Workers” (53-3031).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change 2010 - 2020|
|Truck Drivers, Heavy and Tractor-Trailer||3,830||$16.94/hr||27.1%|
|Bus Drivers, School||1,900||$12.78/hr||4.7%|
|Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators||780||$15.66/hr||10.2%|
|Bus Drivers, Transit and Intercity||110||$13.28/hr||-4.9%|
Tasks for Truck Drivers, Light or Delivery Services
- Drives truck, van or automobile with capacity under 3 tons to transport materials, products, or people.
- Loads and unloads truck, van, or automobile.
- Communicates with base or other vehicles using telephone or radio.
- Maintains records such as vehicle log, record of cargo, or billing statements in accordance with regulations.
- Inspects and maintains vehicle equipment and supplies.
- Presents billing invoice and collects receipt or payment.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs.