DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
31-9093 Medical Equipment Preparers
Occupational Description:Prepare, sterilize, install, or clean laboratory or healthcare equipment. May perform routine laboratory tasks and operate or inspect equipment.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change 2010 - 2020|
|Tire Repairers and Changers||60||$10.77/hr||12.0%|
|Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers||30||$14.57/hr||27.0%|
|Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers||20||$18.65/hr||9.1%|
Tasks for Medical Equipment Preparers
- Examines equipment to detect leaks, worn or loose parts, or other indications of disrepair.
- Delivers equipment to specified hospital location or to patient's private residence.
- Maintains inventory and equipment usage records.
- Connects equipment to water source and flushes water through system to purge equipment of wastes.
- Disinfects, and sterilizes equipment, such as respirators, hospital beds, and wheelchairs, and oxygen and dialysis equipment, using cleansing and sterilizing solutions.
- Installs and sets up equipment, using hand tools.
- Starts equipment and observes gauges and equipment operation to detect malfunctions and assure equipment is operating to prescribed standards.