DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
53-6021 Parking Lot Attendants
Occupational Description:Park vehicles or issue tickets for customers in a parking lot or garage. May collect fee.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN||1,470||246||$10.75/hr||$0.33/hr||$8.13/hr||$9.03/hr||$10.51/hr||$11.94/hr||$14.16/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change 2010 - 2020|
|Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners||7,590||$10.52/hr||9.3%|
|Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers||5,980||$8.70/hr||4.4%|
|Food Servers, Nonrestaurant||3,150||$10.49/hr||20.2%|
|Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers||1,060||$9.19/hr||-1.1%|
|Meter Readers, Utilities||290||$21.64/hr||7.7%|
|Parking Enforcement Workers||40||$14.86/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Parking Lot Attendants
- Parks automobiles in parking lot, storage garage, or new car lot.
- Places numbered tag on windshield of automobile to be parked, and hands customer similar tag to be used in locating parked automobile.
- Patrols area to prevent thefts of parked automobiles or items in automobiles.
- Takes numbered tag from customer, locates car, and delivers it to customer, or directs customer to parked car.
- Collects parking fee from customer, based on charges for time automobile is parked.
- Signals or directs vehicle drivers with hands or flashlight to parking area.
- Lifts, positions, and removes barricades to open or close parking areas.
- Services vehicles with gas, oil, and water.
- Inspects vehicles to detect damage.
- Services cars in storage to protect tires, battery, and finish against deterioration.
- Keeps new car lot in order and maximizes use of space.