DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
51-9031 Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
Occupational Description:Use hand tools or hand-held power tools to cut and trim a variety of manufactured items, such as carpet, fabric, stone, glass, or rubber.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|Northwest Balance of State||50||16||$12.32/hr||$0.37/hr||$9.67/hr||$10.41/hr||$11.65/hr||$14.32/hr||$16.39/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Tool and Die Makers||190||$21.20/hr||N/A|
|Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic||N/A||$14.09/hr||N/A|
|Painting, Coating, and Decorating Workers||N/A||$13.70/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Cuts materials, such as textiles, food, and metal, using hand tools, portable power tools, or bench-mounted tools.
- Adjusts guides and stops to control depth and width of cuts.
- Lowers table-mounted cutter, such as knife blade, cutting wheel, or saw to cut items to specified size.
- Replaces or sharpens dulled cutting tools, such as saws.
- Marks identification numbers, trademark, grade, marketing data, size, or model number on products.
- Observes and marks or discards items with defects, such as spot, stains, scars, snags, chips, scratches, or unacceptable shape or finish.
- Folds or shapes materials, preparatory to or after cutting.
- Unrolls, lays out, attaches, or mounts material or item on cutting table or machine.
- Reads work order to determine dimensions, cutting locations, and quantity to cut.
- Marks cutting lines around pattern or template, or follows layout points, using square, rule, straightedge and chalk, pencil, or scribe.
- Positions template or measures material to locate specified point of cut or to obtain maximum yield, using rule, scale, or pattern.
- Transports items to work or storage area by pushing or pulling carts.
- Counts or weighs and bundles items.
- Cleans, treats, buffs, or polishes finished items, using grinder, brush, chisel, and cleaning solutions and polishing materials.
- Stacks cut items and loads them on racks, conveyors, or onto truck.
- Separates materials or products according to size, weight, type, condition, color, or shade.
- Routes items to provide cutouts for parts, using portable router, grinder, and hand tools.