DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
35-3021 Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
Occupational Description:Perform duties which combine preparing and serving food and nonalcoholic beverages.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|Northeast Balance of State||1,140||264||$9.32/hr||$0.35/hr||$7.72/hr||$8.14/hr||$8.83/hr||$9.56/hr||$13.08/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Waiters and Waitresses||1,510||$8.52/hr||N/A|
|Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop||270||$8.65/hr||N/A|
|Food Preparation Workers||250||$10.03/hr||N/A|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||200||$9.07/hr||N/A|
|Cooks, Short Order||80||$9.09/hr||N/A|
|Food Servers, Nonrestaurant||N/A||$9.97/hr||N/A|
|Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers||N/A||$8.92/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Selects food items from serving or storage areas and places food and beverage items on serving tray or in takeout bag.
- Cooks or re-heats food items, such as french fries.
- Receives payment.
- Notifies kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders.
- Requests and records customer order and computes bill.
- Makes and serves hot and cold beverages or desserts.